Saturday, April 5, 2014

What's with all the health problems?

I have spent many a morning staring at the ceiling wondering how did I get here, in terms of my medical conditions.  I have come up with several ideas but yet some how I had not been able to make a huge difference in my state of being.

I am 42 with the following health concerns:  a Meningioma (resected), diabetes (diet controlled), degenerative disc disease, two ruptured discs in the lower c-spine, g-6PD deficiency, chronic anemia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis , a tiny brain aneurysm, seizure disorder, high blood pressure, right sided weakness with an abnormal gait, jaw pain and eye socket pain....OH MY GOODNESS!  Obviously I have got big problems which cause little problems.  Some of what I listed are symptoms of these conditions and are not stand alone illnesses but never the less, they are there.  What is going on?

Well, first off some of the illnesses I have are hereditary and I am not surprised I developed them such as the high blood pressure and diabetes.  I also should note that my weight was way out of control.  At my heaviest I weighed 322lbs!  Of course, that contributed to the development of diabetes and high blood pressure along with the development of inflammation.

However, I am still baffled at the laundry list of medically confirmed problems; ther has to be more going on and I am really starting to believe that stress and other emotional issues are contributing to my medical problems.  I believe that if you are not well emotionally and mentally then if left unchecked you will begin to develop a body breakdown physically.

Science has shown that the body desires homeostasis and will do whatever it takes to get it.  Hence the negative symptoms when the body is unhealthy.  Now then one will require medical intervention to  re-create homeostasis; or do we?  Hmmm, this is where I get stuck.  That medical intervention requires many prescriptions to try to balance my system and there still isn't balance.  I believe that the balance I now need is mental balance.

I think people get nervousness when one starts talking about the mind, mental stability or anything that they feel may make those around them suspect "ohhh, he/she has mental problems, omg!"  Well, the mind is a very powerful thing and is proven to be inter-connected with the physical body.

That's it!  After all those days staring at the ceiling I have decided I need to see a psychiatrist for my anxiety issues and a therapist to gain balance mentally.  I have been attending a wellness group where I have learned about positivity, awareness of breathing style and had other breakthroughs that have helped with relieving pain and anxiety.  I have only seen what I believe to be the beginning of improvement in the symptoms I experience !  I have to remember, mind over matter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment